Mission Kids has an opening for a full-time Spanish/English bilingual Lead Teacher. We welcome applicants who share our enthusiasm for honoring diversity and exploring our community. Mission Kids believes in active learning through play while supporting children in their social and emotional development. The Lead Teacher is responsible for providing engaging activities and emotional support for children ages 2-6 years-old. The Lead Teacher will work alongside parent volunteers, providing direction to parents and support teachers who work as part of the teaching team. The Lead Teacher will also be responsible for maintaining the classroom environment and interest centers, organizing and supervising field trips, writing daily observations of all children, and sharing digital photo collections weekly.
• Experience working with preschoolers
• Spanish/English bilingual
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to maintain positive interactions with parent volunteers
• Proficiency in Google docs, Google photo, MS Word
• CPR/First Aid certification, fingerprint clearance, physical exam, and proof of immunizations, prior to start date
• California Child Development Permit at the Teacher level or eligible to obtain permit (Minimum)
• California Child Development Permit at the Site Supervisor level (Preferred)
• Bachelor’s Degree (Preferred)
Compensation is highly competitive, based on experience, education, and permit level. Benefits include medical, dental, paid time off, holiday pay, retirement contributions, paid staff development, and paid continuing education.
How to apply
Please send letter of interest and resume to email@example.com